Frequently asked questions
Why should I use a rubbish removal service? Can’t I do it myself?
There are several reasons to use a Full-Service Junk & Rubbish Removal provider instead of doing the job yourself.
1. Convenience – it’s much easier to hire a professional service to do the job rather than slog through yourself. Our professional team can work around you whilst you’re on video calls, or packing for a move. Just let us know what needs to go and we’ll take it and clear out.
2. Productivity – we’re experts who know how to get the job done. We have systems and processes to make sure the junk and rubbish removal operation runs smoothly and efficiently. Often our customers report that when they’ve tried to do the job themselves it’s taken much longer than they expected – and has cost precious time and money.
3. Safety – our professional rubbish and junk removal team members are trained to ensure we operate within strict OH&S safety guidelines at all times. Employing our fully insured, trained professionals means you won’t put yourself at risk of injury or damage to your home or belongings.
4. Ethical, responsible disposal – employing a professional rubbish and junk removal service means your rubbish will be disposed of legally and appropriately. We sort your rubbish, reuse, recycle and repurpose where possible – then dispose of the remainder ethically and responsibly at licensed refuse centres.
5. Environmental responsibility – we offer tips and advice on how you can reuse, repurpose and recycle items before we arrive to minimise cost and the amount of junk sent to landfill.
6. Cost – unless you own a tipper truck, chances are you’ll need to either hire a skip bin and fill it when you have time, or borrow a trailer or ute. Even if you have your own vehicle, it’s possible you’ll spend many hours loading and taking multiple trips to the tip. Employing a professional full-service rubbish removal provider means you’ll save time and money!To add a new question go to app settings and press "Manage Questions" button.
How is hiring Crackers’ Clearout different to hiring a skip bin?
Hiring a full-service rubbish and junk removal provider offers many benefits compared to hiring a skip bin and doing the job yourself. These benefits include:
Convenience – on your terms, when you want, and we do the heavy lifting and hard work for you
You don’t need council permission which you often do when you hire a skip bin
Safety – our professional team works to strict OH&S guidelines – and works to industry best practice when it comes to lifting and removal
Our team carefully removes, dismantles (where necessary) and packs our trucks to maximise space –ensuring we optimise each load
Neighbours can’t sneakily add their junk to the load, as often happens with a skip bin
Upfront pricing – no surcharges, penalties or restricted items charges
We arrive, load and leave on the same day – you won’t have a smelly, ugly skip bin sitting on your property for days or weeks on end
Our pricing is comparable to skip bin hire – but Crackers’ Clearout includes human-power with no hidden costs
We take mixed loads of rubbish – often skip bins are type-specific, or don’t sort your items prior to sending your skip bin load to landfill
How much does it cost to hire a full-service rubbish removal service?
Our pricing is based upon space utilised in our truck, rather than the time taken to complete the job. We provide upfront quotes based on what you show or tell us needs to be taken away. There are no surcharges once we’ve completed the job – unless you’ve forgotten to tell us upfront about items that need disposal.
Our pricing is comparable to skip bin hire, except we do all the hard work and heavy lifting for you and give you advice on how to dispose of items to avoid sending them to landfill. We also sort loads as we go, ensuring items are recycled and donated where possible.
Different types of waste incur different disposal costs, and pricing is included in our upfront quote.
What type of stuff do you take?
Crackers’ Clearout can essentially take and dispose of anything - except asbestos. When it comes to oversized or heavy items, we dismantle them to fit into our vehicles, and dispose of them accordingly.
We suggest you dispose of regular household rubbish – such as food scraps and recyclable containers – through your council provided rubbish and recycling bins.
Junk and rubbish we regularly remove includes (but is not limited to):
We are also experts in assisting people (and their families) living in hoarding or squalor environments. Call
1300 257 688 to privately discuss your specific situation.
Renovation and building waste
Paint & most chemicals
Garage & shed contents and structures
Office & Commercial furniture, waste & recycling
When should I get you in?
Timing of your rubbish and junk removal is really dependant upon your requirements. For example, if you’re spring cleaning your home, it makes sense to complete the job and get us in to take the pile of junk away once you’ve completed your spring clean. On the other hand, if you’re preparing your home for sale, you may find it’s best to get us in on 2 or 3 separate occasions. Often we help people prepare their home for sale – removing items to make way for “staging” furniture. Often, people who are downsizing discover they have more items to offload as they’re packing to move into their new residence. And sometimes, we get a final call on moving day, when customers realise they’ve got too much to fit in the removalist’s truck!
Essentially, it helps to be planned – and to declutter your home systematically. But don’t forget, we charge for the amount of junk we take away – so if you need to call us in 2 or 3 times for full or partial loads, that’s just fine!
What happens to the stuff?
Our priority is to recycle, reuse and repurpose as much of your junk and rubbish as possible – to minimise the amount going to landfill. We offer tips and guidance on how you can offload items – either selling them or donating them to those in need to minimise the amount we take away.
When we load our trucks, we ensure we load like items together to assist in recycling at waste disposal centres. At the waste disposal centres, we make the most of the recycling options – sending cardboard, metal and chemicals (to name a few) to designated recycling sections.
We’re excited to see constant technology upgrades that enhance the waste sorting process, minimising what ends up in landfill.